Monday, December 2, 2013

Stone Giants -- Basing Only

More old AD&D stuff -- this time some Stone Giants.  I think these guys are from sometime in the 1980s.  The figures were already painted.  I just did minor touch-up where there was some chipping.

The client wanted these giants put on rocky, 60mm square scenic bases.  I originally thought the bases might be a bit large, but maybe that's because I am used to Warhammer Fantasy and the like where the mini takes up almost all of the base.  In the end, the larger bases ended up looking like small dioramas, and I think they are really cool.

I started with plain, 60mm square bases (custom-ordered from Litko) and built them up with stones and filler so they bended seamlessly with the integral bases on the models.  The bases were brush primed and painted so that the original paint would not be compromised.





No comments:

Post a Comment